Sunday, February 22, 2009

It's the little things....

I had a FABULOUS weekend with my little girl and husband. Sometimes, I tend to book every minute of my weekend.... this week I tried to be intentional with Sydney... playing, singing, talking, listening. I TRULY felt like I enjoyed every minute with Colby and Sydney! We started the weekend going to Janie's dance class . Then off to the park with Addyson and Kelly. When we got home, we played our instruments and sang "Wild Thang" in our microphones.

Sydney had her first big girls' tutu birthday at her friend Kyah's on Saturday. Sydney danced and dressed up with her friends. I loved the way she played and played and then... paused to make sure I was close by and smile REALLY big and say "hi mommy" and giggle...

Today, we stopped for do-nut holes and juice before church. We looked for matresses for her big girl bed. We came home and ate lunch out on out patio as she rode her tricyle and we found rocks in her sand box. After nap we had an ice-cream date to celebrate her big girl choices all weekend! We made up stories and played "tickle monster" before bed...

I truly LOVED LOVED LOVED my magical weekend... this is what it is ALL about!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

first of all your blog looks SOOOO CUTE! and. for what it is worth. I LOVE YOU!